Profile Email

Apr 19, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Hi, I set the profile email of a user other thank myself (LogedIn User) and the email still came from me and not the profile email. Is this right?

Thx, Peter

Coordinator
Apr 19, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Hi Peter,

I guess that is down to an understanding of how the module works, and shows it's history....

When I first used this module a number of years ago, I didn't want to use a users standard email address as logged in DNN for sending the emails from. This is because I run the website for a dive club which is run by a committee where each committee member has a dedicated email address (e.g. webmaster@..., social@....). So rather than changing the users DNN email address to the role specific ones, I added an extra profile property (which you can do in the Admin/Users dialogue), and then modded the module to use the value stored in that property if there was anything in it. The custom property is exposed in the users profile page. So it will send to a users DNN email address, and from the custom value if set.

So the 'Profile Email Setting' names the profile property that the custom value is stored in. For me that was 'Committee_Email_Address', but I recognised that that name may not be appropriate for other folks, so made it changeable.

For me, when I want to send an email 'from' somebody else, I go edit the Commitee Email Address field in my profile, then use the module to send the email.

Hope this helps
Roger

Apr 19, 2011 at 2:47 PM

So let me try to understand the first part ... so if I add e.g. "Use_this_Email" somewhere in the Users, that I want to send from, property values and then add "Use_this_Email" in the Profile Email Setting then it should work?

Coordinator
Apr 19, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Yep. There are underscores because it automatically added them in the property name. You can use localisation to remove them mfor display on the user profile page.