Draft vs Publish

Apr 23, 2011 at 6:11 AM
Edited Apr 23, 2011 at 6:11 AM

I had an understanding that in Draft mode the email are not sent out. Only when you change to Publish the emails start to send? In my testing environment the email goes out every time you click SAVE regardless of the setting. Can anyone confirm.

HTML Newsletter 5.3.6

DNN 5.6.2

Coordinator
Apr 23, 2011 at 8:13 AM

In draft mode it shouldn't send out emails, apart from to 'Yourself'. I enabled it for 'Yourself' so that people can easily send out a test email, whilst still setting up everything erlse for final publication.

Cheers
Roger

May 2, 2011 at 6:10 AM
Edited May 2, 2011 at 6:14 AM

Roger,

Iv updated to 5.3.6 and the email are not being sent anymore regardless of what setting I have Draft or Publish. Is this something that was addressed in 5.3.7?

This is the error:

AssemblyVersion: 5.6.2
PortalID: -1
PortalName:
UserID: -1
UserName:
ActiveTabID: -1
ActiveTabName:
RawURL:
AbsoluteURL:
AbsoluteURLReferrer:
UserAgent:
DefaultDataProvider: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke.SqlDataProvider
ExceptionGUID:
InnerException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
FileName:
FileLineNumber: 0
FileColumnNumber: 0
Method: RTP.HTMLNewsletter.NewsletterSchedule.Send
StackTrace:
Message: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at RTP.HTMLNewsletter.NewsletterSchedule.Send(Int32 iFromID, String strFrom, String strTo, String strSubject, String strBody, Int32 PortalAliasID, Int32 ModuleID, Int32 iToID, PortalSettings portalSettings) at RTP.HTMLNewsletter.NewsletterSchedule.DoWork()
Source:
Server Name:

Peter

Coordinator
May 2, 2011 at 7:39 AM

Hi Peter,

I don't believe 5.3.7 will solve your problem, it is a very minor update to fix a display bug in Firefox.

However, could I ask you to update to 5.3.7, and also copy the contents of the 'Debug' download package to your bin directory. When the schedule runs again, it should then show some line numbers in the log, which will help me get a fix on where the error is.

Thanks
Roger

May 7, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Ill try to setup an alternative environment to test this.

May 10, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Sorry can do it on my environment for now. Have you been able to track this problem down?

Coordinator
May 10, 2011 at 11:03 AM

I haven't been able to duplicate, so can't code against the issue. If you are able to install the debug dlls, I should be able to have a good guess at the issue and code against it.

Cheers
Roger